At Bova-Tech Ltd. we offer services that will help to increase your herd’s productivity and value. Producers depend on us to optimize their most valuable cows by generating more embryos and pregnancies that will extend the impact of outstanding cattle genetics. Our programs are designed to meet producer’s specific needs, offering all our services either in-clinic or on-farm.
- On-Farm Flushing
- BTL will send you all the necessary drugs, and provide detailed instructions for their use to insure the best possible results.
- Cows will be flushed on farm via the BTL Export Certified Mobile Lab.
- Our services are available anywhere in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- In-Clinic Flushing
- Clients can set up and inseminate donor cows on farm and bring them to the center for the embryo recovery process.
- Donor cows can be housed at the BTL center for all super-ovulatory treatments and artificial inseminations. Embryos recovered from the donor cow(s) can be transferred fresh to synchronized recipients or they can be frozen for transfer at a later date.
We can transfer fresh or frozen embryos as required; the synchronization protocols for recipient females are simple and easy to follow allowing you to keep recipients on-farm if you wish.
- We can also transfer your frozen embryos in any of the recipients from our cooperative herds. Your embryos will be transferred into recipients and can be purchased as weaned calves or as 60-day pregnant recipients.
Ultrasonography allows us to examine the reproductive tract of donors and recipients cows which enables us to make better decisions on the use of super-ovulatory treatments and timing for synchronization protocols. Ultrasonography also makes a recipient program more efficient by allowing us to re-implant or re-synchronize recipients at sooner intervals after the last implant.
- Fertility Assessments
- Pregnancy Diagnosis & Staging (28-30 days to Term)
- Fetal Sexing (Gender Determination) from ~65 to 90 days
Numerous embryos are marketed and exported every year by Bova-Tech Ltd. We work in cooperation and join contracts with our clients, promoting embryos for some of the best “Elite” cows of the breed. The response to this program has been very positive throughout the years increasing the embryo sales for some outstanding producers in Canada.
Other services include:
- Frozen Semen Evaluations
- Breeding Soundness Evaluations
- Consulting and Training in Bovine Reproduction and Embryo Transplants